Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2019

Week 3 AFRICAN DRUMMING WORKSHOP

WOW.....today Mokoroa, Kaiwhare and Haumia students all had the chance to experience African Drumming in a workshop with Nathan and Amanda from 
'African Drumming New Zealand'.
 Nathan introduced us to the Djembe drums and then we were taught how to play them using our hands to create a  'base'  and 'tone'  sound.  We worked in pairs sharing one drum to create powerful rhythm in unison.  Seventy five students drumming together sounded fantastic!

 


4 comments:

  1. I shared with my mum she loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora,
    My name is Jordana and I come from Wesley intermediate school. Wow I can see you kids must of had a lot of fun playing the drums, sounds great!. I love how I can see smiles on your faces while your playing the drums. Keep up the excellent work! Stay positive :)

    Your sincerely
    Jordana :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I wish I wasn't sick and have to miss out on that I hope you had a lot of fun and you sound fabulous
    from
    Paige

    ReplyDelete