Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

Boat Designing, Making and Testing

What a great day we had being able to test our boats in the school pool. 
After much discussing, designing, planning, making and modifying we were able to go and test the boats to see if they floated.
We decided they needed to be able to float for 5 seconds 
to say 'they floated'.



.............planning..........








.....designing    and    making.... 


             


ready to go and test
Oh my goodness, look how many classes came to watch us.
almost ready for the launching...so exciting!








     




Room 4's successful famous boat designers


6 comments:

  1. Wow! Well done Room 4, you are awesome boat builders! Room 1 and I were very impressed with all the hard work you put in to create so many great boats that ALL floated! Thank you for sharing your launch session in the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry that I couldn't come down to the pool that day Room Four, I think I missed a fantastic experience! I can see from your photos that you planned, designed and created some super boats - how thrilling to test your designs in the pool. It must have been very exciting to see how them all floating successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Room 4 those boats were so clever! I love the way that you had all different designs. I watched you making modifications from your designs and it looks like they worked!! Thank you for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed testing my boat with my friends. It was a bit embarrassing because I was a bit scared that my boat would sink. I felt pretty nervous because if my boat sunk, I would be a bit scared that I would get teased. In the end, it turned out really good. Thank goodness for that! That was a close one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ari for your comments about our boat testing. Your boat was amazing! I think your design was too well thought out for it to sink.
      Remember it's all about learning, what went well and what you would change if you build another boat.
      I really enjoyed the day too. Learning like this is the best!

      Delete
    2. Hi room 4, My name is Izzy, this boat testing looks like so much fun! It looks your awesome boat creating skills made nearly all the boats float! I wish I was there to watch! It looks like so much fun!

      Delete