Pages

Thursday, February 22, 2018

EVA the Guide Dog visits


Today Miss Lane's friend Nicola and Eva the 
Guide Dog visited us.
Eva was very well behaved.  
She slept most of the time, while Nicola told us how she trains Eva, so she can be a Working Guide Dog when she is a little bit older.
We also asked lots of questions.
        Maybe you could ask your child a question about Eva. 






We all got to give Eva pats.



                 Eva's tags which show her name and number.

                                                 
                                                       Eva's working jacket.
                                       
                                         











                                   




5 comments:

  1. Hi there! My name is Oscar from Manukau, Te Waka Ako, Waikowhai Primary School. It must have been so interesting to hear about how guide Eva gets trained. I liked how you used so many pictures. It reminds me of when I met one of my Dad's friends who's blind. Have you thought about telling us a little bit more about Eva.
    I you would like to see my learning my blog is https://wpsoscarc.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Oscar for your comment.
    Eva was born along with quite a few brothers and sisters. They were all given names starting with the letter 'E'.
    You''l be pleased to know that Eva has just finished passing her assessment test to become a guide dog. Yahoo for Eva.

    Room 4

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eva looks like a very cute puppy. Could I see her one time?

    Jaimie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jaimie
    Thanks for reading our blog.

    Yes Eva was a very cute puppy...actually she was almost fully grown, just a small dog.
    To be able to see Eva you would have to organise a time with Miss Lane, because Nicola (the lady who brought Eva in to visit us) is a friend of Miss Lane.

    Come and visit us in Room 4 one day.

    Mrs Law

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Room 4! I am Nicholas from Te Waka Ako. It must have been so cool having Ava with you guys.What kind of questions did you ask Nicola? Maybe you could have put your photos In a slideshow but otherwise I really enjoyed it.

    If you would like to see my blog it is at https://wpsnicholasc.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete